rcqt cheer
03 red yell
bkh blue

tokyo trophy
raised cheer
prs confgator crop
eyescloud drink
cheer red
Hou fans
NK US03on the go USO tossUSO press
Aus split
...Rainer Schüttler       


Davis Cup ...    ATP Tennis  
Olympic Games...  
  Germany

.: Rainer Schuettler ... Rainer Schüttler :.

This is a Rainer Schuettler appreciation page. If you enjoy fantastic tennis, you'd appreciate him too.
To get started - Rainer is pronounced RHINE-er not ray-ner and Schuettler is pronounced SHOOT-ler not shut-ler. He is an accomplished Top 10 player who has played in Davis Cup as well as two Olympic Games (Sydney 2000, Athens 2004 Silver Medalist) for Germany.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Site Adjustment - Continued

Voluntarily Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Friday 18 June

OK, in the grand scheme of the world, this was not even a blip... but as you may have noticed, the site has been down for the past 24 hours. Well, the blue background would load, but that was it... and after I got my jaw off the floor I tried to get help from blogger, but they have yet to reply. The text may continue to shrink as you scroll down the page, I am working on that. I am also trying to fix any of the little tweaks I had done this week that didn't make it into the code I cut and pasted from around the internet of my previous pages. I'll never complain about cache anymore, it saved me big time. Needless to say, my new photo grid effort is on hold until I get the site back to normal and the Wimbledon post up and current. Back to normal, not sure when but Wimbledon will be up by Friday night or Saturday afternoon (US time).

NEW: Yes, raging graphic chaos, I am playing with the photo grid but not having the results I was hoping for... still trying to figure out how to keep the images contained so that when the screen size is enlarged, all the pics don't spread out. The logo I got from a UK guy in exchange for a GMail invitation, I'm thrilled with the trade, I wouldn't even know how to begin creating that.
The pictures in the new rough draft weren't taken by me, and I have no interest in getting into copyright trouble, so they may very well change or I'll try to track down the sources so we can see some different shots. The one with Schuettler posing is from the terribly trashy 'paper' Bild.de, but that picture cracks me up every time I see it. Hey, he obviously posed for it, so I'll include it for now.

WIMBLEDON: I've had some emails from Rainer and general tennis fans who have tickets to Wimbledon (lucky bastards) and were inquiring about setting up a meeting place on the grounds... email me if anyone has an easy to find place where any Rainer/tennis fans can meet - maybe form a Rainer cheering crowd. Of course the draw and times are unknown, but something like 11am and 3pm at the spot is a possibility for those who want to talk tennis.

I know, the Ordina results aren't up... before Wimbledon they will be.

Back to homework (at my age?) and sleep soon. I swear I haven't gone to bed before 10pm since the third grade.

OLD: As you can tell, I am adjusting the headline banner, I'm adding more pictures to it in order to fit the new logo and create more of a mosaic effect. Since I know very little about html and sizing the pictures to scale, this will take me hours. I may go crazy and see if it works in a frame, but I have to figure out how to create a frame first. But, hopefully it will look great and level when I am done.

I also tried to create a little more space between the main posts and the right side column of information. The info for this week's tournament is also being gathered, so (cross your fingers) that will all make it up Sunday night.

I am in NYC every day for the next 15 weekdays, so I will update as much as humanly possible - especially during Wimbledon. Good thing # 1 is I am home before 5pm, good thing # 2 is that it's only three weeks. Bad thing # 1 is I have to be on the road by 6am and bad thing # 2 is that after quite a few years out of school, I'll actually have homework - but... revert back to good thing # 2.

Once the new graphics/tourney info are up, I'll delete this posting... we mustn't interrupt the grass court season! I am going to try to create a little box at the top of the right hand column to post further updates or similar things that don't justify an actual post.
|
 

OneStat
Thanks for reading!